Expose AA

It's about time someone told you the truth about Alcoholics Anonymous

Forums

Forum Home > The 13th Step and Crime > I need help from the Troops....

The Librarian

Hello,

There are about four stepper on Monica's youtube about the film who just won't stop posting AA rhetoric. It is obvious that it is a concerted effort to shout down the film's content. 

The most recent thing is that one of them has basically posted that it is Carla's fault for getting killed. Can you guys help deal with this fellow? And the others? I have hit the 'report for harassment' twice in the last day, warned him that I would continue doing this, etc...

The only reason why I have engaged them so long, is to show the world how steppers think. However, it has become clear that the few who remain are obsessed with spamming the site shout down Monica's message. I think the only way to stop the spamming is to report them. I put up the following post as a warning but they have been mocking it. Like true AA members they believe they are invincible. Those comments were not made directly under my warning post, but under other threads so it would be difficult for Youtube to tie them together. Here is the link where this is going on. Here is the link to the film trailer on Youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-_xPU3KC5E

And here is the warning I posted, 'Spam and harassment: Youtube has specific policies on this. If you feel someone is relentlessly posting about how to get sober in AA or how AA works when the topic are the Film and Safety within AA, please read the following link and decide if you feel their posts are spam or harassment. Youtube has a reporting system for such actions. Here is the link on how to decide if you feel this is an appropriate action considering the topic of the film. https://www.youtube.com/yt/policyandsafety/

I for one will be reporting all people who insist on discussing how AA works vs safety within the doors but it will require more than one report for Youtube to stop a person from continuing in this behavior.

I feel that I have diligently posted links as further proof to the film that there is an issue of safety in the Doors. During this time I have had steppers repeatedly refusing to discuss the links/proof - only to continue posting on how AA works. I have had posters delete their posts in order to delete my responses which include documented cases of safety breaches from one member to the other or, from a member to the child of another member. Myself and others who have attempted to discuss safety, have been repeatedly called a Nazi, mocked, degraded and outright lied to. These same individuals continue to post on how AA works or post misinformation in an attempt to shout down our voices.

It is time for this to stop. I believe that spaming this youtube channel with how AA works and misinformation is an attempt to squash free speech. Please read the youtube policies on safety. If you have read the guidelines, feel that a post violates the guidelines and wish to report someone then move your cursor to the far right of their name, an options arrow will appear and the rest is self explanatory.'

Here is the link to the film trailer on Youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-_xPU3KC5E

August 26, 2014 at 6:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Marchon

Hey GT!

I saw that. I interjected on occasion and noticed that no matter how prevaling the argument was for the need to address safety concerns, the writer JUST WOULD NOT budge. Not that I wanted to insight push back, but this "Whispers" person became so insensed when I suggested that he/she to a fourth and fifth step with his/her sponsor. In other places, when I'm feeling a little mischevious, I use their slogans against them and they just hate that!

I have two little ones. My younger one has autism, and a complex seizure disorder so a lot of my time goes to his care. Rewarding, but challenging at times. So in short, I'll try to make more time to push back on these "love and tolerance" hypocrites when I can. That is, with facts, etc. Good job GT.

August 26, 2014 at 12:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Librarian

Hi,

Whispers is very dangerous.  When I caught him/her in purposefull lies andmanipulation, they blew a cork and deleted some of  their posts but left the ones that had the most incorrect info about AA.  

I had been dealing with them for weeks.  They is spamming the youtube with off topic/incorrect info about AA.  I have blocked him but I suspect they is still very active.  I think it is time to report them for harrassment and spam- but those of you who are still around and see what he is posting will have to decide.

And BTW, they have  said that they are a  lawyer.  They have also alluded to working for AAWS, at one point Monika asked her/him directly if they were Phyillis from AAWS.  They blew a cork and started threatening legal action for being outed.  

I suspect that this individual does indeed work for AAWS and that is why they are so proficient and tenecious in providing misinformation.  I seriously think they need to be reported but it will take more than just me to make this happen.

Read the guidelines for reporting someone in Youtube then decide if you think it is appropriate. 

August 26, 2014 at 1:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Librarian

BTW,  another person has suggested it was Carla Brada fault for being killed. 

August 26, 2014 at 1:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Live_free_or_die
Administrator

Thanks for the post GG.  I wasn't aware that the video clip was getting that much discussion.

--

Pro Empowerment - Engage & Enable

August 26, 2014 at 8:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SimonTemplar

Gatineau/ first 2 links are blocked ehre.I personally feel Monica should ahve had more input from professional fimmakers.But agree with her passion to change AA. Unfortuneately people will defend AA to their deaths. Seeing one elderly lady talking/photographer could have reframed with window behind ehr.good effort but it'll not change anything.Like preaching to the choir.Only those whoe've left AA will accept/understand.Would never blame victim. most  viscious posts ahve been blocked.Whsiper is still posting but politely due to having previous posts deleted. So many  things I would have changed.But tis Monica's film and her years of effort. Why be suprised steppers do this daily on fix and everywhere that they can.Do what you can.here those1st two  links are blocked.Are they blocked in USA??WATCHED trailer to film,but it's same used for last years.No changes ahve been made.Several professionals tried to help Monica,but got blown off as being pro-AA.For all her efforts-will not create changes.Monica will get an award for effort and topic.But she should ahve listened when professionals offered her advice.SAd.could ahve filmed with gardens/trees in background.bright clothes/colors. Light shines through film/it  is seen.Not wanting a debate/My personal opinion, after watching directors cuts for over 2,000 hours, from many films.

--
August 27, 2014 at 1:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The Librarian

Hello Everyone,  I am going to Europe for a couple for a few weeks so I won't be around to fend off the lunatics in a week....  I hope they won't take over.

GG

August 27, 2014 at 6:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AntiDenial

The Librarian at August 27, 2014 at 6:35 AM

Hello Everyone,  I am going to Europe for a couple for a few weeks so I won't be around to fend off the lunatics in a week....  I hope they won't take over.

GG

Have a safe trip and thanks for all you are doing to help Monica. The film I believe is excellent and professionals certainly are involved in making it an excellent end product. I bet AAWS is pooping bricks and this will have a snowball effect. If lawyers are running off at the mouth you know they are running scared. AA will need to change, it is just a matter of time. Plus they will continue shrinking as more people learn what a dangerous religious cult that it is. 

--

Violent Criminals Mandated to Attend AA and NA Meetings

http://nadaytona.org

August 27, 2014 at 8:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The Librarian

Thank AntiDenial.  I was having a look at the youtube settings and I have realized that she can block users and delete comments.  I know she had been deleting some beore..... and hadn't approved.  Now that I see what the place can look like without a bouncer - holy crap!  Some of these buggers need to be blocked for sure.

August 27, 2014 at 11:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AntiDenial

The Librarian at August 27, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Thank AntiDenial.  I was having a look at the youtube settings and I have realized that she can block users and delete comments.  I know she had been deleting some beore..... and hadn't approved.  Now that I see what the place can look like without a bouncer - holy crap!  Some of these buggers need to be blocked for sure.

Agreed! Thankfully they have that tool! 

--

Violent Criminals Mandated to Attend AA and NA Meetings

http://nadaytona.org

August 28, 2014 at 9:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SimonTemplar

monica will protect her work and she ahs that right,

After years outside of 12/12 I still despise their contempt for anyone who does not conform to their cult. their sadistic,hateful behavours.  I SPY.

--
August 28, 2014 at 10:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Live_free_or_die
Administrator

@GG - Yes, have a safe and enjoyable trip.

I have noticed within the last two weeks or so an increase in the number of people from New York visiting the site here, and these visitors have been spending quite a bit of time in viewing different forum topics.   

I am looking forward to seeing the full video. Lots of hard work has been involved in this project I am sure. The film should be an eye opener for those people that don't know the dirty and dark secrets of AA/12 step. As I learned more and more about AA and its culture through meetings, research and first-person stories of the harassment, predatory behavior, manipulation and crimes associated with the AA culture I was stunned.

--

August 28, 2014 at 12:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Librarian

They are probably from head office. Is there any way you can see where they are located in new york?

August 28, 2014 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Live_free_or_die
Administrator

The Librarian at August 28, 2014 at 5:49 PM

They are probably from head office. Is there any way you can see where they are located in new york?

The Expose AA™ website statistics give a city and state, by ISP.  That's all.  I have seen more visits from New York City and Brooklyn, for instance.  Other visitors have been from cities in close approximation to NYC.  So they could be AANY folks.  This is assuming the ISP addresses are legit & not the HideMyAss listings, or some such.  

--

August 28, 2014 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Librarian

Fair enough.  Given that the Massive's film is coming out soon I would imagine that they are having a look at us. 

August 28, 2014 at 9:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

The Librarian

Are you getting more than ususal traffic from Washington?

August 29, 2014 at 7:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Live_free_or_die
Administrator

The Librarian at August 29, 2014 at 7:12 AM

Are you getting more than ususal traffic from Washington?

I assume you are referring to Washington D.C.  Nope, just one visitor from DC in the last two weeks.  

--

August 29, 2014 at 12:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Marchon

Hello all,

Here's an example of how AAWS will throw a member "under the bus."

http://alcoholism.about.com/library/blmitch12.htm

August 31, 2014 at 2:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Marchon

oops. OP had already found this.

August 31, 2014 at 3:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Marchon

Boy that MP1 person on the youtube trailer is vicious in his attacks! I did not take his rant about me personally, but it reminded me about how callous and so beyond 'love and tolernace' these people can be if you don't agree with them. He responded to me privately. I forget that attacking people anonymously on the net is cheap, easy and it's also chicken shit.

All I said was that: I will not dignify a response to this 'love and tolerance' person any more' and this guy went off on me.

I was responding to a young man by the name of Robert who clearly had some legitimate worries about joining AA since he was battling depression. This Robert guy was apprehensive about going to aa where 'they' might tell him to off his meds, etc. A blogger by the name of "Bill W Livies" went on to tell Robert that "aa doesn't need you" and then spouted some condescending rhetoric to this poor guy who was having suicidal thoughts.

I felt bad for Mr. Robert so I posted the Nation Suicide Prevention link an phone number and shortly after, this MP! tagged me and went off on me.

I reported him for spam and blocked him from responding to anything that I post. I'm learning, sheeesh.

This guy is in aa? Makes me wonder.

--
September 22, 2014 at 11:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.