Expose AA

It's about time someone told you the truth about Alcoholics Anonymous

Forums

Forum Home > The 13th Step and Crime > A Few Good (13th) Steppers

Pennywise

Scene: In a conference room at the Interchurch Center. Clancy I. is sitting at a table across from the AAWS Board of Trustees.

Clancy: You want answers?

AAWS President Greg Muth: I think I'm entitled.

Clancy: You want answers?!

Murth: I want the truth!

Clancy: You can't handle the truth!

[pauses]

Clancy: Son, we live in a world that has addicts and drunks, and those losers have to be sponsored by men with time. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Trustee George Vailllant? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for some slut, and you curse the Midtown Group. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That girl getting used to teach my sponsees how to have sober sex, while tragic, probably kept people in the Program. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps people in the Program. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at Board meetings, you want me running the Midtown Group. You need me running the Midtown Group. We use words like "recovery," "unity," service." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent practicing cult religion. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who makes over $200,000 a year from the very prospects that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide them. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a Big Book and start a local meeting. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Murth: Did you order the Thirteenth Step?

Clancy: I did the job I...

Murth: Did you order the Thirteenth Step?!

Clancy: You're Goddamn right I did!

September 10, 2012 at 7:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SallyJ

"You're Goddamn right I did!"

That's a great line, lol.

September 11, 2012 at 12:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Live_free_or_die
Administrator

Although the subject of 13th stepping sucks, the scene above is excellent. Thanks.

--

Pro Empowerment - Engage & Enable

October 3, 2012 at 1:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SallyJ

Lfod, whenever the subject of 13th stepping comes up and you are around, I'll always think of how AAWS collects (this after the rent is paid) on average about $4.50 from each member, per year. As little as this amount is it tally’s up into about $5 million. 5 million dollars a year off of membership contributions and not one dime, not even 1/10th of 1% goes used towards keeping members safe and aware of the prominent predator problems in the rooms. 

Slimy leech blood sucking bastards! 

What did the pie chart say that goes towards payroll and benefits?? And after that it's sliced up into pieces so that they can promote the big book (for sales) and get members (to contribute more money). More members = more $ for increased salaries, pensions, benefits.

This while the alcoholic that is suffering believes that money is going towards helping others when in reality it's going toward the luxury of greedy bastards that don't care who gets hurt. 

Sigh. Thanks for the rant, I can sleep now! :)

--

Pro Empowerment!

October 3, 2012 at 1:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Massive

Pennywise at September 10, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Scene: In a conference room at the Interchurch Center. Clancy I. is sitting at a table across from the AAWS Board of Trustees.

Clancy: You want answers?

AAWS President Greg Muth: I think I'm entitled.

Clancy: You want answers?!

Murth: I want the truth!

Clancy: You can't handle the truth!

[pauses]

Clancy: Son, we live in a world that has addicts and drunks, and those losers have to be sponsored by men with time. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Trustee George Vailllant? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for some slut, and you curse the Midtown Group. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That girl getting used to teach my sponsees how to have sober sex, while tragic, probably kept people in the Program. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps people in the Program. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at Board meetings, you want me running the Midtown Group. You need me running the Midtown Group. We use words like "recovery," "unity," service." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent practicing cult religion. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who makes over $200,000 a year from the very prospects that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide them. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a Big Book and start a local meeting. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Murth: Did you order the Thirteenth Step?

Clancy: I did the job I...

Murth: Did you order the Thirteenth Step?!

Clancy: You're Goddamn right I did!

I guess we will see them in court. 

October 3, 2012 at 4:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DrJoeyMDPhD

I have a PhD in English from a prestigious university and an MD from Yale Medical School. I was shanghied into AA/NA when I was a college junior. A sober 30-nembtual/day pediatrician\, who happened to be a woman, convinced my mother (with a PhD and multiole honoros of her own) that I'd be in good hands). If it's written in English in the last 200 years, I can decode it and explicate it. I NEVER RECOMMEND AA, NA and any 12-Step Program bnecause CULTS LEAD TO NO GOOD, A little ungrammatical, but accurate. 

September 18, 2015 at 12:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.