Expose AA

It's about time someone told you the truth about Alcoholics Anonymous

Forums

Forum Home > Healing After Leaving AA > After 4 months of NO AA in my life...

rainbow

Life is pretty dang great these days. This was what I wanted. This is what I signed up for. Since leaving AA, I am so much happier. I quit abusing the drugs, quit drinking, quit smoking, I am learning better coping skills, and I'm moving on with my life....without 12step bullshit anymore. I was the one who put the drugs/booze/cigs down. AA didn't do it. I did it. For so many years I gave AA the credit. I let them take my power. When I left, I took back my power. It feels pretty great. My self-esteem used to be the pits while in the cult. Today I can't believe how full of myself I am.  LOL  :)  What I mean is, I love myself today. It was kind of hard to do that in AA. 

There IS healing after AA. Today I spend my days watching my grandson while my daughter is working, gardening, creating art, getting things done around my house, reading (non12step) books, dancing, singing, practicing my fire poi, getting ready for next year's Burning Man, hanging out with my best friend, and enjoying a new relationship with a man I adore. I have many new friends --- (yeah, I'm pointing at YOU) -- and I am slowly making new friends here in my hometown who are not 12step. 

I am thrilled and amazed at how far I have come in 4 short months. I was so scared to leave. They told me I'd go back to drinking/using drugs. Liars.  THIS is what Life is all about now -- getting OUT of the cult, healing, getting back in touch with ME, moving forward, being happy happy happy, and being able to help others who have left 12step.  I thank you all for being in my life. I am so glad I found you.

xo :) ox

--
my new avatar brings a whole new meaning to the skittles commercial  :D

September 25, 2012 at 5:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

seagal007

Hi rainbow its great to hear all the wonderful stuff you are doing with your life its inpirational. I came to my senses and left the cult of AA in 2008. My healing process is slow but I am much happier without the dogma of AA. I also love gardening I grow alot of my own veggies. Am also planting fruit trees. I am working on depression by learning,reading,taking care of my self and using supplements.Severe depression and PTSD. is why I became addicted to alcohol in the first place. I believe I have cured the PTSD am still working on the depression.I am also slowly making freinds and learning to trust some people.

September 25, 2012 at 7:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Live_free_or_die
Administrator

Hi rain-gal007. Good posts guys. Empowering is the word, and engage and enable.

XA will steal your soul, your mind, your will. Some people even call it a cult. I have posted a link under the additional resources page that has a link to a website for the Depression & Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA).

My only contact with DBSA was an email I sent to someone here in Kansas City asking if the DBSA supported, used or recommended the 12 Steps crap. I was assured in an email response back to me that DBSA does not use 12 steps. So knowing that alcohol abuse often coincides with depression I posted the likn in the hopes that it might help someone. The DBSA site has an area where support groups are listed across the world and phone numbers and email addresses are available. FYI.

--

Pro Empowerment - Engage & Enable

September 25, 2012 at 8:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bitter

It got to the stage where I don't trust people with time in the rooms. The newcomers were the most honest. I was burnt once too many by swindlers & perverts. Most of the others were brainwashed & dealt in circuler logic. 

October 12, 2012 at 2:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Live_free_or_die
Administrator

Alcoholics Anonymous – The benefits of leaving

• You free up your life to do other things – no more meetings the rest of your life

• Your done associating with sexual predators or violent criminals (unless you want to)

• You can get to work on quitting drinking

• You don’t have to listen to Frank tell his stupid, old stories anymore

• You won’t hear silly AA slogans (your best thinking got you into MENSA, not AA)

• No more sponsors, relapses, recovery, recovering, alcoholic, or disease

• You don’t have to wonder why god hasn’t fixed you already

• You get to shoot your Big Book with a gun, or burn it like AA did in Germany

• You don’t have to search for churches that you didn’t know existed

• You get your family back

• You can pray to a light bulb and feel really, really stupid

• You don’t have to live in fear of life anymore

And the biggest benefit of all, you get to really piss of AA members and 12 Steppers by trying to discuss logic with them.

Any other benefits of retiring from the religious, not spiritual, cultish dogma of AA

--

October 19, 2012 at 9:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

seagal007

Live free, what a fun idea I think Im going to buy a bigbook just so I can shoot it.LOL

October 20, 2012 at 6:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Live_free_or_die
Administrator

seagal007 at October 20, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Live free, what a fun idea I think Im going to buy a bigbook just so I can shoot it.LOL

007 - Funny. Actually, there have been some videos made by others not on this site (or the OP). In one video the entire video shows an AA & trianlge logo being burned. The other video is of a guy actually shooting his BB in his backyard. Good deprogramming huh?

--

October 23, 2012 at 8:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

bitter

personal paralysis was how I felt in that cult crap

October 24, 2012 at 1:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

seagal007

bitter at October 24, 2012 at 1:51 AM

personal paralysis was how I felt in that cult crap

Me too bitter

October 24, 2012 at 9:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

seagal007

Hay im having a bonfire in november. Anybody want to bring their bigbooks? LOL

October 24, 2012 at 9:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Live_free_or_die
Administrator

seagal007 at October 24, 2012 at 9:12 AM

A bonfire in November? I will attend if the temperature is above 70⁰ and a beach is involved!:D I don't have a big book though.:)

--

October 24, 2012 at 10:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

seagal007

Live_free_or_die at October 24, 2012 at 10:21 AM

seagal007 at October 24, 2012 at 9:12 AM

A bonfire in November? I will attend if the temperature is above 70⁰ and a beach is involved!:D I don't have a big book though.:)

Probably will be above 70 here, sorry no beach in my back yard. All my tree trimmings may not be enough gotta bring a bigbook We need fuel for the fire.:)

October 24, 2012 at 12:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

seagal007

Live_free_or_die at October 23, 2012 at 8:00 PM

seagal007 at October 20, 2012 at 6:48 AM

007 - Funny. Actually, there have been some videos made by others not on this site (or the OP). In one video the entire video shows an AA & trianlge logo being burned. The other video is of a guy actually shooting his BB in his backyard. Good deprogramming huh?

Yep sounds like wonderful fun deprograming .While commercial fishing I actually shot a very expensive marine radio that never worked right no matter how many times I took it to the shop. It felt great!:D

October 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.