Forum Home > The 13th Step and Crime > Make AA Safer

Live_free_or_die
Administrator

--

Pro Empowerment - Engage & Enable

July 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Live_free_or_die
Administrator

The Boston Area Rape Crisis Center, Fenway Health and the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) formed a partnership that will help continue the initiative started in 2008 regarding sexual assault and harassment on the MBTA.

The MBTA has been previously recognized for this campaign and is highlighting a renewed effort to send a clear, strong message that inappropriate behavior and illegal sexual touching will not be tolerated.

The campaign hopes to empower the riding public to report such incidents and take action to prevent them. The campaign continues to let riders know that the MBTA and the MBTA Transit Police take this seriously and will arrest and prosecute offenders. Posters will be going up in the trains and busses to highlight the renewed campaign

“I want to thank the Boston Area Rape Crisis Center and Fenway Health for working closely with our police department,” said MBTA GM Beverly Scott. “Strong community partnerships are an important part of our ongoing efforts to maintain a safe transit environment for all of our customers.”

“We want our customers to know that they should not tolerate this behavior. We suggest they immediately call attention to the situation and let other passengers know what is occurring,” said Chief Paul MacMillan of the Transit Police. “If possible, they should take a picture of the offender if it is safe to do so. We also want to ensure they make a report to the Transit Police.”

RELATED ARTICLE: Check out, "N.Y. to boost efforts to curb sexual harassment on subway."

Dear GSO Trustees:

Responsible organizations take steps to protect their constituents. You, the AA Trustees, can take some things from this article.

I suggest that the GSO Trustees spend some of the $20,000,000 in cash and marketable securities AA has on hand to protect your more vulnerable members of AA from anonymous sexual predators and the infamous Bill W. inspired 13th Step.

It is time for AA to exhibit moral and ethical principles and do what is right!

Board of Trustees of The General Service Board of Alcoholics Anonymous, Inc., your attention to this serious matter can only help the ones you state is your mission.

--

July 14, 2013 at 7:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Massive

we are going to go into meetings soon in west LA. I am going with my film crew. Not to film but to hand out three things. 

1. The DUI Pamphlet we made for those sent there by the courts...those fuckers!!

2. The warning flyer about who is sittingthere we made about karla Brada...thanks to Ill be free who helped me 

3. The Make AA Safer Literature I made.

We will make annoncements and hand out literature. We are meeting a newcomer woman at a location who said a man recently stood up and was furious in the meetings about the men 13 stepping. I guess its time to go into the jungle and shine the light. 

some might be willing to speak into the camera as well.

October 29, 2013 at 2:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The Librarian

So.... do you think you will be on the evening news?  Arrested?  Given a order to not tresspass?   Chased?  Yelled at? 

Are you going to put them on cars or hand them out directly?

GG

October 30, 2013 at 8:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Live_free_or_die
Administrator

Massive at October 29, 2013 at 2:05 AM

we are going to go into meetings soon in west LA. I am going with my film crew. Not to film but to hand out three things. 

1. The DUI Pamphlet we made for those sent there by the courts...those fuckers!!

2. The warning flyer about who is sittingthere we made about karla Brada...thanks to Ill be free who helped me 

3. The Make AA Safer Literature I made.

We will make annoncements and hand out literature. We are meeting a newcomer woman at a location who said a man recently stood up and was furious in the meetings about the men 13 stepping. I guess its time to go into the jungle and shine the light. 

some might be willing to speak into the camera as well.

Keep up the honorable and good work Massive.

--

November 2, 2013 at 5:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.