Forums

Forum Home > Healing After Leaving AA > Deprogramming From the 12 steps

Live_free_or_die
Administrator

--

Pro Empowerment - Engage & Enable

September 12, 2013 at 6:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The Librarian

I like the part where he talks about how he doesn't want to be around '....people who believe they wont completely recover'.  That is such a powerful thought.  I can remember sitting in the cancer ward with people who were fighting to be well.  AA tells you not to bother doing that - you will never be well. This notion is takes away a persons hope and them beleive they should continue to seek treatment for a disease that is no longer presenting itself.  They are creating hyocondriacs.

When hubby's cancer was stable - he was sent home and told to enjoy life - don't let this stop you from doing what you want to do with yourself.  Welll..... if this can be said to some one who IS dying... then it CAN be said to other people as well. 

Taking pills for treatment for something that MAY happen, is the behavior of a hypocondriac.

--
September 12, 2013 at 10:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The Librarian
September 12, 2013 at 10:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The Librarian

My post should have ended  'Taking pills or going to treatment for something that MAY happen, is the behavior of a hypocondriac.  Seriously.... listen to yourselves  in aa..... you are going to treatment (aa) for something that MIGHT happen.  You are being told aa is your medicine to stop you from drinking..... but....you are not dying.....  it's over kill.  Complete overkill.   It's a cult.  They want your money and your mind.

--
September 12, 2013 at 10:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Live_free_or_die
Administrator

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/9983.php

If you have a preoccupying fear of having a serious illness you most likely suffer from hypochondria or hypochondriasis. A person with hypochondria continues thinking he is seriously ill.........................

Yep, sounds like AA members.

--

Pro Empowerment - Engage & Enable

September 13, 2013 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.